Census Population Breakdown:
- Population Estimate: 313 million in 2012
- Persons under 5 years old: 6.9% i.e. 21 million
- Persons under 18 years old: 24.3% i.e. 74 million
Child Care Stats: Sources: NARA, NCCIC, gov site
- Estimated Number of Pre-K and K students enrolled in public schools: 2006 4.6 million – estimated present year 2010: 5 million
- Student to teacher ratio: say average 20 to 1 means we need over 250,000 educators and care givers. (does not account for toddler or baby care which is more easily like 5 to 1 ratio.)
- Estimated number of licensed Child Care Facilities: 335,520 in 2005 => over 385,000 in 2010 (15% growth)
- We performed a survey and determined that more than 25% of these facilities still need proper Child Care Management Software. This implies that over 96,250 child care facilities are potential customers.
- Assuming another 5-10% would like to switch from their existing child care software due to cost or aged, non-supported vendors implies another 38,500 potential customers.
- That's an overall total of 130,000+ Child Care facilities that are potential Alpha Cares customers!